The U.S. is the world’s largest student-housing market, attracting the highest volume of investment capital each year. Sustained high levels of enrollment, combined with limited new supply, underpin healthy market conditions.


On average, the country’s largest 175 universities can house only 21.5% of their undergraduates in on-campus housing.3 A majority of the remaining 78.5% live in off-campus housing, with the balance living at home.